Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas, from Sears

A letter I received from NLG today. (In case you cannot deduce this, her family's refrigerator broke yesterday, two days before XMAS!)

Today, our main refridgerator broke (I say main because like all good Americans we have two). My dad called sears; got transferred a million times, and then gave the phone to me to wait on hold while he "tried to fix" (used loosely) the problem. Well, Sears told us that even though we are a warranty AND a service contract (which is a hundred and some odd dollars a year) they said that they were BOOKED for today CHRISTMAS EVE (WHO GETS SHIT FIXED ON CHRISTMAS EVE!? ALL of their appointments were booked and they had all been "scheduled weeks in advance") and that they coudln't give us an appointment until JANUARY 7! Well, needless to say, I yelled. And I said these magical words "I will never shop at Sears again". What did that do, you may ask?

Well, an hour later (ie 5 minutes ago) Kia from Sears called to say that she just got a very upsetting message (from the idiot with the Southern twank who I bitched at, I'm sure) that I would not shop at Sears again. She said she would try to get me in today and if she coudln't, would I be available for Saturday. WAIT Kia is on the phone with Lenore as we speak. Apparently they are most likely coming today.

Lesson learned: unless you are deal with the MORONS from Cabelvision, threatening to cease patronage equals SERVICE.

Love,
NLG

PS-this should prob go on the blog

No comments:

Post a Comment