Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Our Fradulent Advent Calendar

Hello Readers!
Sorry for the delay of this post...Thanksgiving week was pretty boring for us, as we weren't together/in our home and thus had no fun events to tell you all about.

I came back to Brooklyn on Sunday night and Wasp came home on Monday afternoon. I walked into our dining room on Monday night to find it filled with groceries (yay!) and more importantly...Christmas decorations.

Wasp brought us: a 6.5 feet tall Tree, a (horrid) needlepointed Christmas pillow, a wreath for our front door (which makes our entire hallway smell like winter) and perhaps most exciting...an Advent
calendar (see above), filled with, as Wasp says "chocolate treats".

I'm not entirely sure that its an Advent calendar, and this is why (my parents are going to kill me for saying/writing this after 13 years of catholic school...I'm sorry in advance).

Advent is four weeks, right? Three purple candles and one pink? Or is it three pinks and a purple? I actually don't know...but. I do know that 7X4 is 28 (clearly I'm doing well in Statistics).

Our "Advent" calendar has 25 days. That is wrong. It is not Advent-y. It is a countdown to Christmas labeled falsely as an Advent calendar. Jesus would not be happy. Additionally, Wasp tried to tell me that there were no "religious figures" on the calendar (which is actually kind of a box that we taped to our front door) and that Jesus shouldn't be offended because they didn't involve "his people".

You can't see it very well in the picture, but that little blond girl with the red dress, warming her hands by the fire with Santa? She has wings. She is not a bird-girl, or Batman's pretty kid cousin. She is an Angel. If an Angel is not one of "Jesus' people" I'm not quite sure what is...therefore, Jesus would be offended. I'm thinking about taking the make believe Advent Christmas countdown of sin down when I get home today...I don't want bad Jesus luck in our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment