Monday, November 2, 2009

Crazies Make Mondays Lots of Fun...

Hello, Readers! NLG here...updating you on my Monday!

I had a pretty busy day today...two classes with a midterm in one of them (Statistics-EW). Anyway, after two hours of numbers and formulas, I board my subway home, grab a seat and take out my library book (thank you Brooklyn Public Library!) and start reading. Ordinarily I would have been listening to my iPod, but it has been acting up lately and was left on my kitchen table, so I was completely aware of my surroundings.

About two stops into my journey home, a man got on the subway with his headphones blasting. If there is one thing that I have realized that I dislike a lot since living in Brooklyn it is commuters who listen to their music too loud. Anyway, a this guy positions himself about nine feet from me and proceeds to start a new song on his iPod, which sounded like a bizarre combination of Whitney Houston's "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" and Gloria Estefan's "Congo". He was rocking out; like head bobbing, hip shaking, hand druming dancing. For the record, this man was not small, he was at least 5"11, maybe 250 lbs and all 250 lbs of him was shaking it like he meant it.

I go back to my reading and suddenly, Whitney/Gloria morphs into a bad yelling Death Metal-y (I know not an actual word). Sure enough, I look at him and he has transformed his dancing from fun "I like to sing in the shower" dancing into angry "I live in darkness" headbanging and swaying. At this point I was about 20 minutes from home, and for the duration of the trip his playlist switched back and forth...happy, the world is fabulous, into angry, I want to yell until I make your ears bleed. Needless to say, I watch this guy the entire way home. I'm mostly interested in what his playlist was called...I'm thinking "Schitzophrenic Monday" is most plausible. I'm going to have to figure out if my phone video records in the event that I ever run into this guy again.

Here's to a crazy-free Tuesday...although Wasp and I are commuting together tomorrow and that's usually when the crazies come out in full force!

...More Soon!


PS-friends who stay in touch and come over for dinner make Crazy Mondays happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment