Monday, November 9, 2009

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back in our March Toward Domesticity


Happy Monday, loyal readers!

After a really grown up meal (chicken, rice and green beans) Wasp and I did a major clean of our apartment (which was looking pretty rank thanks to midterms, busy days at work and super lazy weekends!).
"Major" for us means:
vacuum
sweep
Swiffer Wet Jet (my favorite)
clean stove/microwave
clean bathroom
put clothes away in rooms (I did this today when I got home from class/the supermarket, Wasp decided we did enough for tonight and will be doing it "tomorrow").

In celebration of our "major" clean we decided that we should eat some of the instant pudding (chocolate) that Wasp made earlier tonight.

Now, if you know me (and I'm assuming that most of you do) you know that instant Jello pudding is perhaps one of my favorite desserts. I bought it today at Food Dynasty and got chocolate because it is Wasp's favorite (and by favorite, I mean the only pudding she will eat).

Anyway, we finished cleaning and opened the tupperware that the pudding was in. The picture attached to this post is what we found. Swamp pudding. I know what you are thinking, "NLG, tell me you did not eat that disgusting mixture. Tell me that you went across the street to the convenience store owned by the crotchety old man and got some ice cream".

I'm sorry to tell you that I did, in fact eat the pudding. Actually, I'm not sorry because it was delicious. It was a little chunky, but I have to say that I think that added to the experience. Overall, we are going to improve our mixing skills but still the pudding proved to be a happy end to my evening (note: Wasp did not eat the pudding).

Reasons we are more domestic than we were in August:
1. We made big girl meals
2. We cleaned without anyone telling us we needed to
3. I put my pudding in the fancy dessert dishes my Aunt got us

Reasons we are less domestic than we were in August:
1. We made swamp pudding


More soon...thanks for reading!


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha are you sure it was the instant pudding and not the "cook and serve" that goes in the microwave? don't ask me how i know this...

    ReplyDelete