Friday, November 6, 2009

"Thanks, Yanks!"





Hello Readers!

Woke up today completely forgetting that the Yankees had won the World Series this week and that today was the parade. Wasp seemed to forget too...until we went to our subway station to find it filled with Yankees fans all geared out and ready to go frolic in confetti down at City Hall.

We tried to avoid being on their subway car, but it happened anyway; please see the picture for just a sampling of the gentlemen who accompanied us on our commute today. At the first stop, about 12 teenage boys got on and I am pretty sure they were drunk (please note that it was 8:05am). Actually, now that I am thinking about it, I am pretty sure that all of the parade goers were drunk. I admire their determination.

So, while the rest of New York is out celebrating I am in my cube at work...sober. But I think I speak for everyone when I say thank you, Yankees, for not forcing us to live in the shadow of Philadelphia for another year! Congrats!

Happy Friday!


1 comment:

  1. I went to the parade and was not drunk! :) It was ridic, though.

    ReplyDelete